Parking & Entering
- Parking. This is the easiest way into the mall. But there are height restrictions (6'8"), which prevented us from being able to enter with our van (Ford Econoline with wheelchair lift and extended height roof). A normal minivan should have no problem entering, though.
- Entrance. The parking garage has handicap parking spots that are about a minute or two walking distance from elevators that can access any floor of the mall or parking garage. Don't worry if you don't see them right away, they're just around the corner. (More details to come about # of spots on each floor, # of ramp accessible entrances, # of power operated or automatic doors, non-handicap parking spot ramp/sidewalk?)
Outside the Mall
- Parking. There is a dirt lot with free parking located about a 5-10 minute walk away from the mall entrance. Street parking is in very short supply, difficult to find, and usually with payment meters or time limits.
- Entrance. The best way to enter the mall from the outside is via Francis Street, aka the front entrance. can be difficult and in certain weather conditions it would be nearly impossible. Even if you park on the street or anywhere outside the mall there are entrances to the garage located on Hayes street and park street.
Parking garage- The parking garage has handicap parking which is conveniently right next to the elevators that can access any floor of the mall or parking garage.
Jc penny is on the side of the mall closest to the parking garage and has its own elevators with access to levels 1,2, and 3
Bathrooms- there are bathrooms all over the mall and they are all labeled handicap accessible but there are separate family bathrooms in the food court on the third floor, there is one on the third floor in Nordstroms and another one on the first floor in The main walking area. The family bathrooms are much bigger and private, you have to ask mall staff for a key to use them. the public bathrooms are very difficult to use when they're are a lot of people coming and going. There is a bathroom in the imax on the entertainment floor but not in the regular cinema. The bathroom in the iMax is one of the tightest bathrooms in the mall as far as wheel chair accessibility goes.
Elevators- the elevator for the entertainment floor is located in the food court facing the windows on the side closest to highway 95.
Jc penny's, Macy's, and Nordstroms all have their own elevators however these elevators only have access to floors 1, 2 and 3. They will not bring you to the lower levels of the mall which are labeled "a, b, and c. To access the lower levels you must use the elevators located right outside of nordstrums and Macy's on level 1.
Food court- wide open and every restaurant is accessible but if it's busy there is no organization as to how the lines are formed and it becomes very difficult to maneuver around the area and finding a place to sit can become a challenge. If they were to add markers to show which way the line should form it would be much less chaotic.
Wheel chair rentals are located in the mall security office on level b, to rent a wheelchair you need to leave an ID
-Macy's, Jc penny's and nordstrums all have accessible changing rooms
Handicap seating is available in theaters 10,11,12, 15, and 16 on the top and bottom floors. The bathrooms in the cinema are located on the top floor. The only bathrooms that are on the first floor of the entertainment level are in the imax section which isn't always open. This can be a pretty big in convenience if someone is seated on the bottom floor of the cinema and needs to use the restroom when the iMax is closed.
Bed bath and beyond and old navy do not have public restrooms
To Do List
- Parking garage entrance height restrictions (ALL - 3 total?)
- More details to come about # of spots on each floor, # of ramp accessible entrances, # of power operated or automatic doors, non-handicap parking spot ramp/sidewalk?)
- Wheel chair rental
- Changing rooms
- Handicap seating in theaters
- Mall security
- Bed bath and beyond bathroom